1. All living organisms, regardless of their unique identity, have certain biological, chemical, and physical characteristics in common.
A) as a result of B) considering C) on purpose D) whatever
2. The most pressing problem any economic system faces is how to use its scarce resources.
A) puzzling B) difficult C)terrifying D) urgent
3. The Klondike was the scene of one of the biggest gold rushes the world has ever known.
A)location B)view C) event D) landscape
4. Of the reptile groups, the snake group was the final one to appear.
A) last B)best C) ugliest D)longest
5. Colleges and universities usually give diplomas or certificates to students who complete course requirements satisfactorily.
A) responsibly B) acceptably C) patiently D)respectfully
6. A will is a document written to ensure that the wishes of the deceased are realized.
A) fulfilled B) affiliated C) advocated D) received
7. She has been the subject of massive media coverage.
A) extensive B) negative C) responsive D) explosive
8. The conference explored the possibility of closer trade links.
A) rejected B) investigated C) proposed D) postponed
9. Experts generally agree that diet has an important bearing on ones health.
A) result B) factor C) cause D) influence
10. I expect that she will be able to cater for your particular needs.
A) meet B) reach C)provide D) fill
11. John is collaborating with Mary in writing a book.
A) cooperating B) merging C) combining D) associating
12. Mary lost control of her car and collided with a tree.
A) came across B) ran into C) met D) knocked
13. Mary was compelled to take in washing to help support her family.
A) pleaded B) appealed C) forced D)instructed
14. The child couldnt comprehend the advanced textbook.
A) interpret B) read C) understand D) translate
15. I warned him to keep the matter confidential.
A) private B) safe C) personal D) secret
Keys: DDAAB AABDA ABCCD
1.Manyfinecooksinsistoningredientsofthehighestquality. A)demand B)relyon C)preparefor D)create2.SincetheGreatDepression,theUnitedStatesgovernmenthasprotec...（查看全文）
第1部分：词汇选项 下面共有15个句子，每个句子中均有1个词或短语划有底横线，请从每个句子后面所给的4个选项中选择1个与划线部分意义最相近的词或短语。答案一律涂在答题卡相应的位置上。 1Thenurser...（查看全文）
距离大家踏入考场的日子越来越近了。对于剩下这段时间的复习，老师认为除了要查漏补缺，还可以了解一些实用的应试技巧，以期能够有所裨益。 ⑴大脑清醒，情绪平稳 众所周知，考试，尤其是选拔性的考试，...（查看全文）
第1部分：词汇选项 下面共有15个句子，每个句子中均有1个词或短语画有底横线，请从每个句子后面所给的4个选项中选择1个与画线部分意义最相近的词或短语。请将答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上。 1Itisobvi...（查看全文）
1Shewasapuzzle AgirlBwoman CproblemDmystery 2Herspecialityisheartsurgery. AregionBsite CfieldDplatform 3Francehaskepti...（查看全文）