1) an undesirable; one despised and rejected by others; an outcast;
2) a member of the lowest social caste in India
3) one that is despised or rejected : OUTCAST
4) an outcast
pariah : ostracize
pariah an outcast a rejected and despised person
pariah : contempt
PARIAH ----- an outcast, a rejected and despised person
pariah social outcast; Ex. Mariah the pariah
1. The pariahs in India comprise a caste known as the untouchables.
2. The soldiers returning home from the Vietnam War were treated as pariahs by much of the American public.
3. The pariah of the group sat by himself under the tree.
点击查看： 2020成人高考专升本英语完型填空练习题及答案汇总 Reading involves looking at graphic symbols and formulating mentally the sounds and ideas they represent.Concepts of reading have changed 1 o...（查看全文）
点击查看： 2020成人高考专升本英语完型填空练习题及答案汇总 We have spoken of marriage as a formal contract.It should be noted, however, that this contract does not 1 the same form in different societi...（查看全文）
点击查看： 2020成人高考专升本英语完型填空练习题及答案汇总 Who won the World Cup 1994 football game? What happened at the United Nations? How did the critics like the new play? 1 an event takes place,...（查看全文）
本部分为l5个句子，每个句子中均有1个词或短语划有底横线，要求应试者从每个句子后面所给的4个选项中选择l个与划线部分意义最相近的词或短语。 一、词汇选项 1.The old concerns lose importance and some of them...（查看全文）